[vorbis] New tuned encoder

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Mon Oct 15 16:19:53 PDT 2001

Hi all,

ome people asked if it was possible to
make an even higher quality mode by incorporating
some of the changes from the first tuned version
into the 350kbps mode.

I did so and made a new version with this new mode.
It gives bitrates from roughly 300-350kbps. That's
a lot, but it also gets very hard to find something
it artifacts on :) Should be sufficient for archival
quality.

In addition to the old 160kbps tuned mode, I also
had a stab at an 128kbps mode. I haven't tested
it much, but you might want to give it a twirl if
you usually encode at that bitrate. I don't expect
the 128kbps mode beats to beat that of current CVS,
but hey, it should be better than RC2.

At least it'll give you something to play with
while waiting for RC3 ;)

http://sjeng.org/ftp/vorbis/

--
GCP