[vorbis] OT: WinNT(2000) player to open files with unicode names?

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun Oct 14 05:52:57 PDT 2001

Sorry for posting somewhat off-topic...

Most my music files have names in hebrew (FAT32 partition).  I dual-boot
between a hebrew win98 (where these files are opened nicely by winamp,
freeamp and any other program) and a hebrew win2000, where windows media
player is the only program I've seen so far to open them.  All others say
"can't open file ???? ?? ???.ogg" (or .mp3) - both when given the file
name on a command line or and when selected from the player's open dialog.
I also wasn't able to create a playlist externally and have WMP play it
(what encoding does it expect the file names to be?).  WMP has no playlist
editor - says it all ;). Does anybody know of a normal player that can
open files with non-standard names?  Or other workarounds?

                 (also scben at t2 in Technion)