[vorbis] Re: Metadata format

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Tue Oct 2 22:20:43 PDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 volsung at asu.edu wrote:

> * As a starting point (and perhaps a finishing point), Ralph has suggested
> looking at the musicbrainz format.  I would _strongly_ suggest we adopt it if
> it looks adequate simply because then we have a free source of data.

Addendum to this.  Further inspection of the Musicbrainz site suggests that
they too are still in the process of standardizing their metadata spec.  So
there are no gobs of data to import yet.  :(

See their page at:
http://www.musicbrainz.org/MM/

So reduce my initial enthusiasm a notch.  It may still be a good idea to use
musicbrainz, (and they would probably appreciate having a 3rd party using
their format).

---
Stan Seibert