[vorbis] rc2 incompatibilities ?

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Sat Nov 10 08:10:17 PST 2001

Hello mathieu,

10. november 2001, 17:21:47, you wrote:

m> Files encoded with rc2 (comes from the latest RPM available at
m> vorbis.com) seems to be unreadable for ogg123 < rc2 version (for
m> example, beta4)

The vorbis format was improved between b4->rc1 . RC1 and newer
decoders should support all future Vorbis 1.0 tracks.

m> Is that normal ? Will this file be readable with ogg123  >= rc2 ?

Yes. Yes. :)

m> Are plugins for windows player updated, can they read ogg files encoded
m> with ogg123 rc2 ?

I already replaced most of my MP3s with OGGs, all encoded with
RC2-160kBps Garf tuned. WinAmp (with Peter's plugin) plays them fine.
So does xmms under Mandrake 8.1.

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467

There is always one item on the screen menu that is mislabeled and
should read "Abandon all hope Ye who enter here".
       -- Demian's Observation