[vorbis] Multiple tracks per file, or continuous audio support

M Bell ckimyt at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 23:13:49 PST 2001

--- EDB <eric.bryant at maine.edu> wrote:
> this happens becuase winamp's standard output plugin
> closes and repoens the
> WaveOut device between tracks. I use a gapless
> output plugin
> [http://www.geocities.com/outgapless/] and it sounds
> beautiful with OGG
> files. Even MP3s sound acceptable with it. Give it a
> try.
>
> EDB

Thanks, Eric, I'll give it a try.  Thanks too to Mark
Hetherington for suggesting XMMS (I actually haven't
booted to Linux to try my Ogg samples yet).

I certainly hope that the MP3 hardware player
manufacturers that create Ogg firmware updates will
keep this feature in mind!

(From what I can tell, I think the Rio Volt SP250 is
my best choice right now for CD/MP3 players, and it's
upgradeable.  I hope Sonicblue will do a good job with
Ogg).

Thanks guys,

Mike