[vorbis] What kind of Ogg Vorbis-services you would like to have?

Anna Hämäläinen k71075 at kyyppari.hkkk.fi
Mon Nov 5 07:29:20 PST 2001

Hi!

What kind of services, which use Ogg Vorbis or create value to Ogg
Vorbis-user, you are interested?

I'm a student at Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration,
and I'm taking a course in which we are supposed to create business plan
for some new business. So, I happened to bump to Ogg Vorbis in the Intenet,
and I Thought, Wow that's a really interesting product both ethically and
commercially! MP3-format GOODBYE, ADIEU! But I don't want to create some
service which won't create value to anybody! So I need your help.

I would like to know WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT SERVICES YOU'LL NEED (I'm talking
about the time when Ogg Vorbis will be in the markets)

Because there is CERTAIN IDEOLOGY BEHIND OGG VORBIS I'd like TO RESPECT IT.
So I have some GUIDELINES which I hope you would cosider:

        *Service shouldn't cost anything (or at least would be very cheap)for
end-users. (It would be financed mostly by advertising)

        *Service should create value to you.

        *Service should be interesting and value-creating for others too!

        *It shouldn't break common ethical values

        *I don't want another Napster!

        *And most importantly service would somehow exploit Ogg Vorbis-format!

        *Service would be something new and innovative or something old but which
is innovatively arranged to serve Ogg Vorbis-users.

I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP! So, please answer my question! By answering
my question you'll also help yourself. Maybe somebody will then realize
your "wish-service"!

THANKS FOR PAYING ATTENTION AND A REALLY BIG HUG FOR EACH OF YOU WHO'LL
RESPOND TO MY QUESTION! :)

        -Anna-