[vorbis] Encoding or Playback problem?

Mark de Bokx m.debokx at planetmediagroup.nl
Mon Nov 26 02:42:29 PST 2001

Hi all,

Have trouble encoding / playing back OGG using WinAmp + plugin. I encoded
the files from .WAV with Ogg drop RC2. Seems to be ok. When I try and play
them back though I get very very weird sound effects (some kind of
"wobbling", some bass frequencies that are usually in the background seem to
get more emphasised and they seem to have some kind of strange echo / reverb
to it aswell. All in and it seems like the track plays itself twice, once
normal (I can hear the song as it is supposed to be heard) and one like
somekind of "overlay" on top of the original file that has the above
mentioned artifacts. Anyone have a suggestion what might be the cause, I
mean is it my hardware or is the file not encoded correctly?

Software used:
CdEx (CDA --> WAV)
OggDrop RC2 (WAV --> Ogg)
The official Ogg plugin for Winamp
Win98SE

Hardware used:
Sony CD-ROM player
Soundblaster Live
P3, 500Mhz, 256MBRam

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark de Bokx
Internet Service Engineer

"Reality is for people who lack imagination."