[vorbis] Multichannel files

Myles Buckley myles at conexsys.net
Wed Nov 14 12:03:32 PST 2001

Hello Andreas,

There was a few threads some months ago on multi-channel oggs and various
surround formats.  I suggest you search the mailing list archives for the
word 'ambisonics'  You should find relevant threads in that era.

I have some issues with current surround sound recordings as they lack phase
and position information in the sound matrix.  If you are serious about
proper surround recordings It will take some effort on the part of the
vorbis project and current players to keep and reproduce proper
phase/location data.

Myles