[vorbis] Vorbis 1.0 before the end of the year?

James Ossi diskdoctor at iname.com
Sat Nov 3 07:28:35 PST 2001

Hi guys.
IMO now it's definitely time for finalizing Vorbis and throwing it
in the arena.
Two reasons:
- RC2 sounds wonderfully well, I'm really amazed how good it is..
  and I personally think there's little room for further improvement in
  sound quality..
- portable music devices are starting to take off (see Waitec, Creative,
  Apple and many other vendors).
Wouldn't be good for the users and for Vorbis itself to have these babies
already shipped with Vorbis specs in their eproms?
Vorbis already puts competition in shame.. so why wait more?
Just my 0.02$!

--
(o<
//\   GnuPGid: B8B68C17