[vorbis] RC2 and bass

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Fri Nov 2 16:06:56 PST 2001

Trever L. Adams (trever_adams at yahoo.com) wrote:

> Try encoding They Might Be Giants - Istanbul.  Go to offset around 50
> seconds.  It should say "Maybe people just like it better that way."
> However, the maybe is pretty bassy (low pitch) and is just gone.

In the version of that song that I have (ripped from a borrowed CD),
there is no word "maybe" there.  That wouldn't even scan properly, in
the poetic sense.

    Even old New York
    Was once New Amsterdam
    Why they changed it I can't say
    People just liked it better that way

Are you sure you hear a "maybe" in the original (.wav) file?

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>