[vorbis] icecast 2.0 semi-permanent test stream

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 4 07:46:27 PDT 2001

> http://i.cantcode.com:8888/ices.ogg
>
> Please report any problems you have.
>
> I say semi-permanent, because it will probably crash now and then, and I
> will be developing and putting up the new versions on a regular basis.
> If it stops working for more than an hour, somethings wrong.

Hello,

1. libvorbis

I get an access violation error in vorbis/lib/block.c in line 177:

b->modebits=ilog2(ci->modes);

It might be my slow connection (just below 8KB/s), but that shouldn't cause a
crashdump in libvorbis either. After downloading the stream and playing, I can
reproduce the error. Also ogg123 shows it. (Again it is not one of the OV_HOLE
warnings, its a access violation). The error is not at a fixed position, so when
replaying the stream, it is at a different position. I only tried 3 times and
got crashs at position 600kB, 800kB and 1100kB.

The media player filter was compiled with Visual C++ and the CVS sources from 1
hour ago and the ogg123 uses Beta 4 and was compiled with GCC 2.95.3 under
Cygwin, so I don't think it is a runtime library error, because Cygwin doesn't
use msvcrt.dll unlike Visual C++.

I have uploaded the first 800 kB of the buggy stream to
ftp://zorannt.sourceforge.net/pub/zorannt/Tmp
The error occurs after libvorbisfile reads 4096 bytes from position 634880.

2. Win32 Vorbis SDK

The Visual C++ debugger shows no symbols. The Win32 SDK builds the libraries
vorbis, vorbisenc and vorbisfile all into the same directory and the debug
symbols get overwritten by the next build, so if vorbisfile is the last build,
the vc60.pdb contains only those symbols. You should consider using inline
symbols and no pdb. I can make a patch for the dsw file, if you wish.

Regards Ingo