[vorbis] icecast 2.0 semi-permanent test stream-feedback

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Fri May 4 04:46:09 PDT 2001

On 4 May 2001, at 2:03, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> When everyone says "nullsoft vorbis plugin", what plugin are you talking
> about?  I know there are several repackaged vorbis plugins at
> winamp.com, most of them are beta3 or previous.  The plugin people
> _should_ be testing is the one on www.vorbis.com, or the one in vorbis
> cvs.  There's also one from a guy named peter, but it doens't do me any
> good if you test with that one, as if there's a problem, there's little
> way to know whether it's his plugin or not.
The one im using was written by peter (I think). It's Nullsoft Vorbis
Decoder v1.0 beta 8, using libvorbis beta 4 :)

I assume that it's this plugin Nullsoft will be shiping with Winamp, if
they get around to it?

> Also, for win32 people, please try FreeAmp as well and Sonique if you
> can.  I'd like to make sure all the plugins end up flawless in terms of
> streaming for the next release of vorbis.
I'll give freeamp and sonqiue a go tommorow. (After downloading
them. Sigh, and here I hear people with broadband bitch when they
don't get 40KB/s! feh)

Daniel Richards - http://leopard.osoal.org.nz/~kyhwana/
PGP Pub key:
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DanielRPubKey.asc
Fingerprint: 416D 4027 D635 AF51 F2BF  60DF 4D94 F7A0 9893 2848