[vorbis] icecast 2.0 semi-permanent test stream-feedback

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri May 4 02:03:58 PDT 2001

> Im using winamp, with the nullsoft vorbis plugin.
> All I get is a title, and then nothing else. Doesn't play, of buffer or
> anything. (And it _should_ buffer, im a dialup, heh)

When everyone says "nullsoft vorbis plugin", what plugin are you talking
about?  I know there are several repackaged vorbis plugins at
winamp.com, most of them are beta3 or previous.  The plugin people
_should_ be testing is the one on www.vorbis.com, or the one in vorbis
cvs.  There's also one from a guy named peter, but it doens't do me any
good if you test with that one, as if there's a problem, there's little
way to know whether it's his plugin or not.

Also, for win32 people, please try FreeAmp as well and Sonique if you
can.  I'd like to make sure all the plugins end up flawless in terms of
streaming for the next release of vorbis.

> Is it possible to setup a lower bitrate stream, so those of us on dialup
> can listen in?

At some point I will put up a lower bitrate stream..  Vakor is still
adding features to ices, and hasn't quite gotten to reencoding.

jack.