[vorbis] monty's branch test

Jonathan Gramain tornad2 at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 28 13:31:21 PDT 2001

Hello!

I tested some songs with the new code that Monty merged into the snapshot.
It works better than the previous code ;-), but I noticed some strange
noises made at high frequencies, even at very high bitrates : a continuous,
high-pitched noise is added over the medium voice, and it sounds like a
whistle. The previous code didn't do that. On the other hand, very low
bitrates sound much better than before!
I heard another thing : the medium frequencies seems to be distorted, as the
high frequencies sound perfect.
I don't have any wave or ogg file to share since I don't have room to put
these files in.

tornad