[vorbis] streaming...getting it together

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat May 26 19:19:11 PDT 2001

>> the problem with sox and oggenc is the wav input. oggenc will stop
>> encoding after 9h (IIRC, max. time a wav file could have). could you
>> add au input to oggenc?
>
>Oggenc will take raw headerless input with -r.  It assumes 16 bit
>stereo littleendian 44100 IIRC... perhaps adding options to force
>these parameters is a better idea than au (which causes horrendous
>aliasing noise problems).

Right. I've been convinced to add flags for samplerate/channels/etc
for raw mode in oggenc, but I haven't been doing any coding recently
due to lack of time. There's a lot of stuff I want to get done in
oggenc before a final 1.0 release, but that's all a few weeks off
unless someone feeds me patches. So, if anyone urgently needs
raw mode with selectable input parameters, fix it for me!

Michael