[vorbis] audio mumbo-jumbo

Mark Janssen maniac at markjanssen.homeip.net
Thu May 24 08:54:43 PDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:55:19AM -0400, Nicholas Pappas wrote:
> 	Can someone *please* help me out in finding some good starting
> placing to learning the basics of what I will need to know for developing
> a *very simple* audio player?

While i'm no programmer... and not an expert in the audio domain... here are
some pointers...

For a streaming player look into something like xmms...
ogg123 can play ogg files... maybe even streaming... I dunno...
As far as I know you don't need much... libvorbis and some glue and interface
code... for streaming maybe some streaming code you could rip from things like
xmms or some other mp3 player.

www.google.com is your friend... (and vorbis.com, xiph.org)

Mark

--
Mark Janssen                         Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: maniac at markjanssen.nl              GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>