[vorbis] Re: [icecast] another Icecast2/Vorbis test stream

Smörk smoerk at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 08:01:01 PST 2001

the lowest estimated bitrate is 112 kbps. you could use lower sampling
rate and mono files getting lower bitrates (you have to test how low it
goes, i get 60-70kbps for a 22kh mono file). use sox or other
resampling utils for downsampling. There is one at

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/9674/ssrc/

with a link to sox and other programs. I think you need wave format for
oggenc, because it only undestands raw with 44khz stereo.