[vorbis] Re: [icecast] Vorbis stream on-line

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Tue Mar 13 00:00:15 PST 2001

"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

> I listened to your stream. Interesting. It is something I want to learn
> how to do. The quality sounded good; but then again I didn't understand
> what I was listening to so maybe it wasn't good.

I'll make a set of Ogg files from more recognizable material tomorrow,
that should help. The stuff I played tonight was a little weird, I
admit...

> It died with a stream error:
> [snip]
> W: Stream error
> Time: 00:09.92 [-2:-20.92] of -2:-11.00, Bitrate: 108.9
> Done.
>
> *Then my ogg123 crashed:

Jack Moffitt suggested that ogg123 is buggy with Vorbis streams. I've
been testing with XMMS, the most recent CVS versions. The OggVorbis
plugin is up-to-date with Vorbis 1.0 beta4.

> E: input not an Ogg Vorbis audio stream.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Weird...

> *The third time, it had an error again:
> [snip]
> W: Stream error
> Time: 00:04.88 [-2:-15.88] of -2:-11.00, Bitrate: 154.3
> Done.

More weirdness...Well, I assume Jack Moffitt is reading this exchange so
he'll probably start wondering about all this too...

> *The fourth time it had this Stream error, but it continued to play. The
> music/audio was very choppy -- but maybe this was just this particular
> music style.

Might have been the piece.

So you logged in four consecutive times, right ? I watched your login,
but I didn't have the debug output turned on for the streamer.

Thanks for tuning in, Jeremy !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net