[vorbis] Comment field spec needs to be expanded and tightened

David K. Gasaway dgasaway at bigvalley.net
Wed Mar 7 19:35:09 PST 2001

On 6 Mar 2001, at 10:09, Beni Cherniavsky wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, David K. Gasaway wrote:
>
> They are also cool beacuse I have encoded songs on a CD that I want to
> add lyrics/metadata to them.  That's what I downloaded the Lyrics v?.??
> plugin for (I guess you are talking about it too).  It's not ogg-specific
> but a general player issue that external files have many uses.

Yeah, that's probably the plugin - doesn't identify itself too well,
does it?  Anyway, whatever format is chosen for ogg tags (if it all), I
hope it works well for stand-alone files, but why wouldn't it?

I've always loved how Soritong (http://www.sorinara.com) handles
synchronized lyrics, but compatability and embedding were issues
for me.  Anyone interested in this stuff should check it out, though.

-----
David K. Gasaway
dgasaway at comports.com
http://dkg.home.dhs.org
-----
Alex, I'll take "Things Only I Know" for $1000.
-----
Sig by Kookie Jar 5.98b http://go.to/generalfrenetics/