[vorbis] Big bug in vorbis encoder?

Colin Dooley colin at artlum.com
Wed Mar 28 13:19:23 PST 2001

I was just compressed a file with vorbis and I get a big
glitch in the file when I play it back.

Here's a picture of the sound (in SoundForge) before/after
vorbis compression: http://www.artlum.com/pub/oggproblem.gif
The top half of the image is the original wave file and
the bottom half is the file after compression/decompression.

The compressor was the latest Windows oggdrop, and
I decompressed it with Winamp (after I heard the
glitch durign Winamp playback).

The track was track one of Equinoxe by Jean Michelle
Jarre and the glitch appears 1.02 seconds into the
track. I can send you a copy of the first few seconds
if you want to try and debug it.

MP3 does awful things to this CD even at high bitrates,
you'll be glad to hear that Vorbis seems to do much
better - apart from that big glitch at the beginning.

--
<\___/>
/ O O \