[vorbis] bitrtate peeling and lossless compression

craig duncan duncan at nycap.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 07:30:10 PST 2001

Larry Fenske wrote:

> Also, it seems to me that the lossless compression should be able to
> benefit from the lossy compression so that the lossless+lossy
> combination could be smaller than flac+ogg.

In theory, this seems right to me.  I doubt it's of any practical value as far
as any possible "tweaks" to FLAC or Vorbis that could utilize "overlapping"
information but . . . still . . . it's an interesting idea.  Maybe a different
compression scheme could implement something like this.  Maybe a new topic for
research.

craig