[vorbis] [Fwd: Re: File formats (RE: MP4 Player Available for Download)]

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Mon Mar 19 02:15:01 PST 2001

I recall reading that all MPEG AAC software has different and
incompatible file formats , because this is a condition set by
the MPEG AAC technology licensing authority.
Some kind of yet-another-anti-piracy-measure, the idea probably
being that users of different software can not swap their files.

I picked up this a while ago when following AAC software development,
but can't remember exactly where.

> I'm forwarding this to the vorbis list FYI.
> I'll also forward the reply.
>
> Marshall

[ snip ]

--