[vorbis] Copy a part of an Ogg/Vorbis file

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Mar 17 18:46:07 PST 2001

>> I have almost-complete code for doing this at sample granularity.
>
>That's possible without re-encoding? Or do you have to re-encode the
>remaining parts of the packets that are cut?

Yes - no re-encoding is done at all. It's tricky to get right, though,
which is why I haven't finished it. There's a description of what you
have to do (though not how) in the documentation (v-clip.txt, I think).

>Since it's not so urgent to me, I think I'll wait for your code.
>Could you please drop me a note when it's ready (unless you'll
>announce it on this list, anyway)?

Sure - I'll announce it to the lists when it's done, though I'm not
sure when I'll get back to it. Now that people are asking for it (well,
one person), I'll try a bit harder to actually spend some time on it.

Michael