[vorbis] Winamp plugin.

Matthew James Brown mbrown at hotteam.org
Wed Mar 7 08:25:32 PST 2001

> I wrote about this once but it was ignored...  I don't know if it's only
> my system's problem but I suspect it isn't.  My system does know what a
> network looks like :-), so every time httpInit is called - once at every
> winamp startup - it pops up an annoying "Error Initializing
> Windows Sockets" message and doesn't proceed until I press OK.

Did you mean that your system does not know what a network is?  I'll take a
look at this and maybe introduce (config dialog) a way to turn off the
streaming code if you know that you problems with it or don't want winamp to
ever use streaming.  Unfortunatly this is a bit sloppy.  It might be
possible to only initialize the http code if you are going to use a stream
but that may not be an allowed behavior of a socket.  To initialize ever
time you run a stream that is.  Aaron, Michael, Chris, is it possible or
just a bad idea?  ;-)

Unreleated issue:  I get an even worse problem when I try to start a
streamed file with no internet connection.  Winamp freezes up completely and
I have to shut it down.  I'll be looking at both of these things in the days
to come.  Aaron, this is a bug that I recently found, although it may just
be something with my system.

Thanks,

Matt