[vorbis] Comment field spec needs to be expanded and tightened

David K. Gasaway dgasaway at bigvalley.net
Mon Mar 5 22:51:16 PST 2001

On 4 Mar 2001, at 21:52, Kenneth Arnold wrote:

> Simple solution would be a simple tool to extract or embed lyrics in
> the stream. You wouldn't be so absent-minded as to forget doing that
> if the lyrics mattered to you. (But I would...)

Oh, I was upset over losing those lyrics.  It takes time to edit the
lyrics (the ones you find on the internet are almost always wrong)
and then synchronize.

> Might I ask the format of your file? It's almost trivial to make
> ogg123 display timed lyrics, and if we're going the external-file
> route, they should be compatible.

The format is as described earlier.  But, as I said, I have problems
with the poor resolution.  I have been planning to write my own
plugin, but that hasn't ever materialized.  (BTW, did I give the
impression it was *my* plugin - it certainly is *not*. :)  External files
are also cool because, if I change format of the encoded music, the
lyics don't have to change at all.

-----
David K. Gasaway
dgasaway at comports.com