[vorbis] Comment field spec needs to be expanded and tightened

Gerry gerry at c64.org
Sun Mar 4 18:11:59 PST 2001

> > changing "DATE" to "RECORDING_DATE" and "LOCATION" to
> > "RECORDING_LOCATION"; there are many other potential dates and locations
> > someone might store.
>
> Without thinking about it, yes ... but after the few thoughts i had
> about it now i can't make up any other dates and locations...?

Composing date/location, encoding date/location, first played at
date/location.. There's loads of them :)

> > ACCOMPANIMENT
(..)
> Hmmm, this is too much tags for relatively uninteresting information.
> This can either be put into CREDITS or into a tag INTERPRETER that
> describes the artist that were involved in playing a track that was not
> composed by themselves.
>
> Under accompaniment I understand those fake keyboarders that shake their
> boobs in the background of a one-man-band's live act. Well, I don't need
> a tag for that. ;)

Ever heard Metallica's 2CD "S&M" ? Great cds :) .. Anyway, those are
recordings of Metallica playing live with the San Francisco Symphony
Orchestra (ie. that should be put in ACCOMPANIMENT). That IS interesting to
know imho..

> > the MIME type; the problem with these is, do you really want to
> > store image data inside a comment field?
>
> Hmmm, but this'd be funky. Maybe if the image size (resolution and
> filesize) is reasonably restricted?

Why not just make it another "substream" ? Another usage for the ogg pic
format :)

> P.S.: 7:20 am and no sleep yet ... i won't proofread that mail now. If I
> said something odd, just let me know and I will try to straighten it out
> after i had sleep. :)

Ditto, except it's 3:09 here, and i didn't sleep much last night either..

Gerry