[vorbis] Format comparison

Scott Manley scott at myplay.com
Wed Jun 20 17:11:34 PDT 2001

Patrick Masters wrote:

> Damn, I need to start marketign my stuff over in the UK so I can become a
> top 10 and then peddle my stuff back here in the states. Oh well, maybe by
> being a top 10 artists i'll get some chicks for it! LOL

;-)

What I fiund most amusing is when I go to buy Vinyl at all the hot
places in San Francisco, more than half the stock has 'Made In The UK'
printed on it....
Even american artists like BT have UK releases imported back to the US
since the record labels in the US don't see it as a revenue stream.
There seems to be a record shop on every block along haight street these
days.

Mixmag summed this up recently by printing a world map of dance music
where the size of the country related to its relevance.... Ibiza,
Jamaica, and Germany were all bigger than the US. Dance music will never
sell as many copies in the US simply because the scene is way too
dynamic and the US is too large to keep everyone interested in teh same
thing at once.

It still doesn't stop me knowing huge numbers of wannabe DJ's in San
Francisco.... weird isn't it.

--
Scott Manley (AKA Szyzyg)
Streaming Media Hacker