[vorbis] Macintosh Compiles?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Jun 18 13:58:34 PDT 2001

I'm not the most authoritative source for Mac information (I have a
few Macs now, but they run Linux ;-), so I may be contradicted.
However...

> I see that the Macintosh ports of Ogg seem to be lagging behind a little. I
> don't think there is a port of Beta 4 Encoder yet for mac.

All the mac tools support beta 4 [if the vendors are telling the truth :-]
N2Mp3 certainly encodes b4 at this point, and the players should all
play it.

Regardless, this is a vendor issue.  We have little influence on when
a vendor updates their product line, although the Mac vendors have
generally been on the ball these days.

> Does the source code for Ogg compile without any changes for Macintosh? Anyone
> know what changes/additions are needed to get it running on a Mac? I have
> Codewarrior 6 if that is any help.........

It does.  However, others will have to answer about Codewarrior
project file psecifics.

Monty