[vorbis] ogg123 plays too fast

Klaus-Juergen Wolf klaus-juergen.wolf at epost.de
Wed Jun 13 20:42:11 PDT 2001

Monty wrote:

> I believe the most likely reson for the problem is getting new
> binaries, but not updating the libraries they use (or, installing new
> libraries in a different place such that the old ones are still
> present somewhere else earlier on the library search list).

If -and if- my explanation was true, the problem should be in the kernels'
low-level drivers. Normally, a standard PnP initialization should do.

Afterwards, the user process only needs to set the appropriate sampling rate by
using ioctl(). And this it does.

You can simply verify the source of this problem by using *nix standard
WAV-Players like sox.

Kind regards,
    k.j.

--
  This message is (C) Copyright by its author.
  Unauthorized distribution/use prohibited!