[vorbis] YAVTS (yet another vorbis test stream)

Ciaran Anscomb ciarana at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 14:43:37 PDT 2001

Sgrifennodd "John Paul Mays":

It's one of those "supported in the format, not implemented yet"
things.

But speaking of which - how will this be implemented in real life?
Presumably icecast will be need to have the ability to peel on a per-
connection basis.  How do players like xmms, etc. negotiate current
requirements, or is that something that'll have to go into the plugins
later?

Realplayer can negotiate surestream bitrate over http (which all these
vorbis test streams are, of course), but is it doing so according to
some standard that the players/servers can (do?) implement in a
non-format-specific way?

..ciaran

--
Ciaran Anscomb         | BBC Internet Services
OGG Vorbis, the new music format: http://www.vorbis.com/