[vorbis] Pessimism

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Jun 22 09:46:49 PDT 2001

> I use it a lot, but I still get people mailing me
> .gifs and even worse .jpgs (of things like text!!!)
> That's okay let them.

JPEG worse than GIF? What are you on? :) At least JPEG supports more than
256 colors and you don't need to pay $100000 (or whatever) to write an
encoder...

As for the general Ogg Vorbis comments - I agree. Most people may not care,
but there are also plenty of people who *do* care and try to convince people
tro try the better alternative. And certainly, software writers and hardware
manufacturers will have much to gain by using Ogg Vorbis instead of MP3; and
if they start pushing for it, the consumers will automatically come to use it.

Keep up the good work. You're making a difference.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>