[vorbis] An handful of tags !

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jun 21 14:17:58 PDT 2001

> TwinVQ and WMA tags are limited but Mp3 has a good tag system (although the
> "genre" category  could be improved).

No, mp3's taggings [id3 and id3v2] are a mess.  The kids who invented
these should have been forced to take a few software engineering
courses before doing it.  id3 makes me itch.  It's true.  It gives me
hives.

What it tries to do is admirable enough, but it could not have
been implemented more poorly.

Excuse me, I need to go wash my hands.  Ick.

Monty