[vorbis] Format comparison

Jaakko Lintula crawlie at uk2.net
Thu Jun 21 01:03:13 PDT 2001

On Thursday 21 June 2001 07:49, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> If you still need the gapless plugin, winamp has a bug.  Xmms needs
> no such thing to make continuos mixes possible, and niether does
> ogg123 or ogg123.py :)

Is this true about xmms? Doesn't seem to. I just encoded the two last
songs of The Cure's 'Paris' live album, and then played them with
ogg123, and they were very nicely gapless. But xmms (1.2.5) seems to
flush the output between songs or something, and that's far from
gapless.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? There are no external effect
plugins or anything like that in use. I'm on a Linux/Intel system with
an usual OSS-supported sound card.