[vorbis] Vorbis under DJGPP (was: DOS commandline decoder for Ogg beta4)

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Wed Jun 6 07:07:46 PDT 2001

Beni Cherniavsky wrote:

> So, is there any demand for compiling vorbis under MSDOS?  Would be nice
> at least for the plethora of allegro games :-)  I can easily contribute
> makefiles / build scripts (.bat) / binaries (DOS SDK :), and maintain them
> with futher releases.  What is the best way to build in an environmet
> where automake doesn't work?  Should I write a makefile from scratch and
> keep it synced with futher source changes or try to extract info from the
> makefile.in / makefile.am ?  DJGPP has all binutils, GNU make, `sed' is
> reasonable to expect, anything else best if avoided, only static libraries
> needed.

Also bash etc. are available for DJGPP, so automake actually might
work (at least I've heard people successfully building other
automake's packages under DJGPP). But it might be easier for the
typical Dos user not to require it and do as you did.

I'm not sure; when I need something for DJGPP, I just cross-compile
it from Linux -- easy enough if the program uses autoconf properly.
Though it doesn't seem to work with ogg (beta4), at least not out of
the box, since configure tries to run the test programs checking for
int16_t etc., so even if I define these types in <sys/types.h>,
configure fails; I don't know why it does that, but it's probably
fixable ...

Frank

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de
http://fjf.gnu.de/