[vorbis] Lossless/lossy hybrid?

fungus spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com
Sat Jun 2 14:17:37 PDT 2001

lxskinner at cs.com wrote:

> As for qaulity, most of it is in the amp.

I'd say it was in the speakers but I understand that's not
a popular viewpoint.

Going back in the general direction of being on topic,
I was just thinking that industry practice for CD
mastering is to send a DAT to the CD pressing plant.

It strikes me that making the DAT then resampling from
48kHz to 44.1kHz will do far more damage to the sound
than the average DAC will do...

--
<\___/>
/ O O \