[vorbis] Lossless/lossy hybrid?

lxskinner at cs.com lxskinner at cs.com
Sat Jun 2 12:37:58 PDT 2001

>On Thu, 31 May 2001, fungus wrote:
>
>> (Remembering all the hours spent arguing with a guy
>> who swore that really expensive CD players were
>> worth the extra money - apparently they can "get
>> more information off the disc" than a normal player.
>> And no, no amount of explaining the difference between
>> digital and analogue would convince him, two plus two
>> *can* equal five, if you spend enough money...)

Expensive car CD players(I dont know about regular home stereo systems) can read CD-Text I believe, which is where your writer writes before where the audio starts the CD name and tracks of the CD onto the CD which is very helpful in my opinion but not worth the money.  My friend said he bought Nelly(retail, not a copy, rare these days huh?) and when he put it in it said the CD name and all the tracks.  As for qaulity, most of it is in the amp.