[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Mark de Bokx mark at cistron.nl
Wed Jul 18 01:28:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Ross Levis wrote:

What you all forget is that you have to take into account that people
use different hardware/software/OS etc. which might interfere with the
test results. If you really want to do a "fair" test all people
involved should use the same hardware/software/OS etc. etc. I know
this is virtually impossible but I think that when doing it this way
(preferably in a Soundlab or something) you are beyond suspicion. If
you don't do it this way the "major" players (M$, Real, etc.) will
acuse you of tampering with the tests...I've seen that happen to many
times. I think Ogg is to valuable to end up in some mudwrestling
contest with M$ or Real. Just my 2cents.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark de Bokx - Application Engineer