[vorbis] OT: PNG and Image compression thread

Wilson defiler at null.net
Mon Jul 2 08:50:23 PDT 2001

I don't agree.
For a single "layer", 32bit color is sufficient. However, when multiple
images/textures are laid down on top of each other, even 32bit color can
result in artifacts. Don't be surprised if graphics accelerators implement
64bit color support sometime in the next 5 years. Game artists will probably
start making 64bit textures to match.
John Carmack talked about this in a .plan file last year:
http://www.webdog.org/cgi-bin/finger.pl?id=1&time=20000429013039