[vorbis] RE: Audio broadcasting... (fwd)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Jul 23 12:02:03 PDT 2001

I know others have already replied, but this was in my 'it's
important, make sure to comment' pile...

> I've been trying to encourage vorbis use for a somewhat well known person
> who is doing a weekly internet "radio" program. I guess they are finding
> out that WMA isnt too cross platform :-)
>
> Was wondering if someone could help out with these questions...
>
> The encoding platform is windows...
>
> Is vorbis suitable for 33.6k/56k streaming yet?

It works, I wouldn't call it production ready.  Production ready will
happen within a month though, and there will be no gotchas going from
what's currently available to upcoming improved versions.  The code as
things stand right now is perfectly stable, but it's not well tuned
for quality at low bitrate.

Monty