[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Anthony Arcieri bascule at holly.ColoState.EDU
Mon Jul 16 10:19:29 PDT 2001

>> i'm sure most of us are avid slashdot readers, but...
>> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/13/1558239&mode=nested
> If you ask me, this looks a lot like one of these test between apache
> and IIS or between linux and NT.
>
> So, the question is how to react to this.

I was surprised when I read through the comments posted to the article.
It was some of the most intelligent comments I've ever seen posted to /.,
which is normally lost amidst a sea of meaningless drivel.  Those
commenting managed to deduce from the comments made by those involved with
the test that it wasn't blind/double blind, and that the conditions were
less-than-ideal (although this was stated outright in the article).  It
was also nice to see that the /. crowd can still appreciate good vinyl. :)

Tony Arcieri