[vorbis] Songs stopping early on my player

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Jul 16 07:18:21 PDT 2001

At 12:38 AM 7/17/01 +1200, you wrote:

>I suspect the stopping behaviour is my mishandling of either OV_EBADLINK or
>OV_HOLE.
>What should I be doing if either of these values are returned by ov_read?

OV_HOLE means "It looks like something was missing here". For a file,
that's usually an indication it's corrupt. For a stream, it's normal.
Either way, it's completely non-fatal. You may want to inform the user
in some way that it occurred, but other than that, just keep decoding.

OV_EBADLINK is, I think, a serious error which isn't recoverable. You
should stop decode (I'm not certain about that, though, without checking
the code).

Michael