[vorbis] Open Source Compression

Reuben Martin rmartin at BRRARCH.COM
Tue Jul 10 16:11:18 PDT 2001

  I thought some here may find this interesting...  There has been
discussion in Monkey's Audio forum about creating a new open source format
for lossless audio compression with the intent of creating a *standard* for
lossless compression, similar to what Xiph is trying to do with Ogg Vorbis.
Some have even been tossing around the idea of trying to work in conjunction
with Xiph on this, and a couple developers from other lossless formats seem
interested as well.

  Regardless of your interest in lossless compression, the knowledge to be
gained from such a project with said people involved would be tremendous.
Check out the thread...

http://members.boardhost.com/monkeys_audio/msg/3695.html

-Reuben

"The only reason I feel secure is that I'm validated by my peers." -Pedro
the Lion