[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis ripping/encoding on Windows

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Wed Jul 4 06:13:31 PDT 2001

I think the new web page is wonderful.  However, one thing annoyed me.
 Some programs on 'Other Software Which Supports Ogg Vorbis' page at
Vorbis.com seems to be bit problematic.  As far as I know, at least two
of them have not updated their plug-ins for a while.

1. 'CD-DA X-Tractor' vorbenc-20001018.zip as 'Latest released version
of vorb_enc.dll'

2. 'Media jukebox' 11/16/2000 is the date of Ogg Vorbis plug-in

I am not telling that they are bad programs but do you think they are
good introduction for new users to Ogg Vorbis?  They may update their
plug-ins after the release of non-beta version, though.

Why the programs below are not on the page?

Exact Audio Copy (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/)

CDEX (http://www.cdex.n3.net/)

They are non-commercial but quite efficient programs, which made MP3
popular long before commercial companies.  They won't benefit the project
in terms of financial aspects since they are non-commercial, though.

I cannot tell how good they are with Vorbis since I am using a Linux
idiot-proof program 'Grip.'  (Thank you, Monty, I owe you in both Ogg
Vorbis and Cdparanoia).  However, at least, they are not using early
bata vesions and I know they are good programs.

I'll put Jernej's favourite as well.

AudioCV from PDSoft (http://mpxplay.tripod.com/)