[vorbis] Quality switch

Sebastian Böck sebastianboeck at freenet.de
Sun Jul 1 12:00:53 PDT 2001

> I've been encoding my oggs with -b 192, earlier I used lame -V1.
What I liked was that the bitrate varied with the kind of music.
With -V1 you switched to a certain "quality", one song needed 150kbps,
another 200kbps or so.
Thats very useful in my opinion. For example, if the encoding quality
gets better at the same bitrate from version to version, i'll have to
check out first what bitrate i need to get the same quality then before.
I think it would be much easier/desirable for most of the users to use
the same command line options all the time to achieve the same quality.

Sebastian