[vorbis] recommended dsp and psychoacoustics texts?

Mike Coleman mcoleman2 at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 11 08:12:43 PST 2001

xiphmont at xiph.org (Monty) writes:
> Really, folks, several of you are debating the most fundamental of signal
> processing concepts.  Go get an undergraduate level book on signal
> processing (eg, _Understanding Signal Processing_ or _Signals and Systems_)
> and read it.  This is all covered first month.

On this subject, could you (all) recommend some good vorbis-relevant dsp and
psychoacoustics texts?  There seem to be a lot out there to choose from.

(For DSP, I own _A Digital Signal Processing Primer_ by Steiglitz, which seems
like a good introduction and has some practical commentary.  I also have
_Digital Signal Processing: A Practical Approach_ by Ifeachor and Jervis.
This is not as introductory as it sounds, has a lot to say about filters but
very little about compression, and has overall not been particularly useful.)

--Mike

--
[O]ne of the features of the Internet [...] is that small groups of people can
greatly disturb large organizations.  --Charles C. Mann