[vorbis] ogg/vorbis on OS/2 and console apps

Dr.Joerg Bergmann bergmann at rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jan 4 04:15:41 PST 2001

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Freya wrote:

> Is the vorbis encoder a console app? If so it should
> already run on OS/2? Or is that only 16 bit console
> apps that ran on OS/2?

My compilation is a 32 bit native OS/2 console app. But, using
the WATCOM compiler, one should be able to compile 32 bit console
apps for WIN32 or DOS (different extenders), too.

At that moment, I'm in trouble generating a makefile for
distributing the sources. The WATCOM GUI is a graphical and works
with a lot of dependent configuration files, which contain _absolute_
paths. I have some trouble in generating a single makefile for wmake
containing relative paths (I have _no_ experience in designing
makefiles). Having solved this, I will set online the patched
sources plus the EXE.

J"org Bergmann, Dresden, Germany
email at jbergmann.de