[vorbis] WinAmp plugin

Beni Cherniavsky cben at crosswinds.net
Wed Jan 3 23:38:13 PST 2001

Chris Moeller wrote:

> Hmm... seems to be an older build. Re-download here,
> http://209.197.15.3/pages/moeljbcp/kode54_net/vorbis/in_vorbis.dll.zip
> then report back any similar crashes if they occur.

Hi PrOggrammers!

Are the various new builds that have been posted here better then the
beta3 release in anything except added http streaming support?  I've
downloaded several of them, each time switching winamp to the newest
but I'm didn't find measureable improvements in speed or stabily.  I
did a diff on the source that was posted here some time ago with the
beta3 source and didn't find any change except http streaming, but I
don't know windoze programming so I might miss something

The drawback of them for me is that my computer (the winamped one) is
completely unnetworked, so the Vorbis plugin gives an annoying "error
initializing windows sockets" message every time Winamp starts and I
have to press OK to make winamp finish loading.  I've hacked a quick
workaround in the source to increment a flag where the message is
displayed and make the message appear if the flag is on in config()
and about(), so that the courious can still check it.

I don't think this is a good solution.  Probably if you add a config
dialog you should include an option to disable http streaming or to
suppress the message - this is more reasonable if windows sockets
depend on you being online at the moment (as I said I don't know how
many things work in windows :).

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  No, No! You're not thinking; you're just being logical.
                                             - Niels Bohr