[vorbis] Vorbis Comment Editor v0.1.0

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Tue Jan 30 07:56:33 PST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, berk wrote:

> Use The Source, Warren!
>
> Replying to your mail dated Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 5:56:08 PM,
> about "[vorbis] Vorbis Comment Editor v0.1.0":
>
> >> IT IS GREAT actually. I think there is no need in the property sheet
> >> version (as in todo), since everything is clean and transparent.
>
> WS> I want to implement it as a property sheet (or at least have a property
> WS> sheet version) so a user can simply right click on the an ogg file and then
> WS> select properties to modify the comments.
>
> Whee.... I'm not sure that makes much attraction to me.... why right
> click? A good thing will be: filelist on the left, the same thing as
> VCE is now, on the right. Select file in the list and edit its
> comments.

I never use property sheets either but they would be good to have for the
dumb point-and-click-can't-think-smarter users community (without offense
to those smart people that do like such interfaces - my opinions don't
have to be right ;).

About filelist: that would be good, some batch processing (set given
comment field in all selected files) should be very good, for more
complex things I would prefer a [batch] save/load to/from text files
with some GNU textutils working in the middle ;-)  I'm ready to add
text file processing to vcedit.[ch] if that would help.  I don't know
windows programming...

> Well, maybe there's something I don't understand, sorry.... But keep
> up a good work!!!

Definitely good :-)

* * *

How about calling VCE from the winamp (and others) plugin?  It seems that
it doesn't support opening a file specified on the command line now.

* * *

Bug report: I opened an empty (0-length) file and it crashed ("refenced
memory ... couldn't be read").

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  No, No! You're not thinking; you're just being logical.
                                             - Niels Bohr