[vorbis] Vorbis Comments ect

Anthony Inzero Tommy_the_Cat at operamail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:26:03 PST 2001

Hello,

    I'm just letting everyone know that I've begun the preliminary part of
putting together a working comment system. I have a few idea's on how to
implement this system.

1. What I would like to do is grab the General and Input SDK's for Winamp
first. Then I would like to add to our existing Winamp plug-in the ability to
simply add comments via the built in ID tag editor. This could later be
expanded to other players who already support .ogg nativly , such as Sonique ,
to have them add the code.

2. Another thing I was thinking of was modifying the already existing comment
editor to be worked with a gui. Now, there is no way in Hell I can even
attempt to make a gui, so someone to make the UI would be great. Also , if
this feature is ever completed , is to distribute the code to CDex people so
they can integrate it into their program.

   What I'm emphasizing is using the already existing standard of ID tags in
compressed music. This would make commenting availible through a wide range of
platforms and players.

   I've been learning C++ (gasp!) since september. Right now, we are doing
exercises involving using others functions to include into are own program.
I'd love to code everything myself , unfortunetly I can not. C and C++ aren't
to diffrent, just a matter of syntax. However most of the stuff I am dealing
with is advanced in C, such as structs and #defines. On top of that , I am not
familar with the ins and outs of M$ Visual C++. If someone has MSVC++
experience and/or Good C Knowledge, I would them , time permitting , to
possible work together on this over IRC. I guess it would proable teaching ,
acualy it is teaching. Also, Anyone know of any good C Tutorials. Although
codecs aren't very large to work on, I'm just feeling overwhelmed by HWND
classes ect ect. Any Help , or tutoring would be greatly apriciated. So just
e-mail me, or over on IRC on #vorbis (I'm cardboard) just Private Message me
or something. Thanks to everyone on their helping me get CVS working and
answering my constant barrage of newbie spam.

Thanks for reading,

*****
Anthony J. Inzero