[vorbis] what about mac

Chris Hanson cmh at bDistributed.com
Thu Jan 18 19:03:43 PST 2001

At 7:54 PM -0500 1/18/01, matt mewis wrote:
>can anyone tell me if I will be able to enjoy using  ogg vorbison my
>macintosh any time soon??

I ported the libraries to the Macintosh in mid-2000 and got my
changes committed to the repository.  I haven't built what's in CVS
lately; it's possible that the build may be broken.  If I ever get a
free minute I'll give it a try.

If you just want to use Vorbis rather than develop with it, Proteron
N2MP3 Pro and Unsanity Echo support (respectively) encoding and
playback.  See <http://www.proteron.com/> and
<http://www.unsanity.com/> for details.  It might also be worth
contacting Apple about adding Ogg Vorbis support to iTunes.

   -- Chris

--
Chris Hanson <cmh at bDistributed.com>
bDistributed.com: Making Business Distributed